August represents a shift in energy as we move through the end of summer and transition into fall. I always feel like my awareness is heightened as I reflect on the memories and accomplishments of the last few months and make a mental note of the things I still want to experience. It has been a wonderful summer filled with memories I will cherish, and a lot of behind the scenes work on my coaching and future collaborations. I am also in the process of planning a trip to Tulum in the next 1-2 months to plan our wedding (SO excited!) – please let me know if you have any recommendations!
Despite the chill in the air here in NYC, I am still high-vibing off of the Spring energy and continuing to evaluate my wardrobe, beauty routine + home to make sure it is serving me to its fullest potential. This past weekend I rearranged my apartment and did a mini-closet clean out, taking inventory of what I have and where I need to fill in the gaps for the fast approaching summer season. The energy was cleared in a major way, and I immediately began feeling more inspired and at peace.
Every month I will be sharing my go-to essentials that leave me feeling creative, excited, comfortable and in-tune with my body and space. Lighter layers, nourishing snacks for picnics in the park, peaceful meditations + revitalizing scents are just a few of the items that are lighting me up for the month of May.
Spring is finally upon us and it is the perfect time to freshen up our closet, beauty routine, kitchen and home. I am planning on picking a weekend this month to re-organize our apartment, go through my closet and burn palo santo to cleanse our space.
The holidays are the perfect time to give the gift of green beauty. I love gift sets because they allow you to try a variety of products and really get a feel for how the brand works for you and your skin. Here are my top picks for this holiday season. Any of these sets would make a wonderful present for someone special in your life.
1. One Love Organics Merry + Bright Facial Gift Set $85
2. Kahina Giving Beauty Travel Collection $85
3. RMS Beauty Glowing Gift Set $120
4. Kjaer Weis The Essential Trios $130
5. Tata Harper Very Naughty & Very Nice Lip & Cheek Tint Set $65
6. Dr. Alkaitis Organic Travel Kit $55
7. Laurel Whole Plant Organics Full Set $228
8. Josie Maran Discover Argan Luxury $48
I find gift-giving to be one of the most fulfilling things you can do. Whether handmade, store bought or even a handwritten note I get a lot of joy seeing the ones I love smile when I give them something special. It is officially holiday time (hard to believe!) and today I am sharing a few of my top gift choices at a variety of price points. This year I am planning early instead of waiting until the last minute to reduce stress during this holiday season. I hope these picks give you some inspiration for your gift buying. Stay tuned next week for my green beauty gift guide.
1. Aerie Cozy Robe $45
2. Free People Hand Painted Wooden Brush $38
3. Perpetual Shade Velvet Eye Mask $69
4. Catbird Star & Moon Stud Earrings $48
5. Porter Magazine Subscription $25
6. Wanderlust Globe #128
7. Simone Camille Cosmetic Case $98
8. Hard Maple Serving & Cutting Board $125
9. Madewell Ribbed Beanie $38
10. Soul Makes Crystal Collection-Strength Set $18
11. Voluspa Candle $26
12. Kindle $79
This green beauty journey has been extremely enlightening in terms of realizing what high quality ingredients are out there. My skin has never felt better and every product I try feels like a new, exciting journey. Now that I have seen such great results by incorporating a few organic and natural products into my routine, I can’t wait to evolve into using more green beauty and experimenting with make-up. As with everything this takes time so I am being realistic and sampling products slowly to get the full experience.
With that being said, I feel like my wishlist is never ending because there are SO many products to try and endless amounts I want to learn. Here is what I am currently dreaming about. I feel these products would continue to help me build a solid foundation for my green beauty routine and allow me try everything from organic sunless tanning to non-toxic nail polish and natural eyeliner. What is on your natural beauty wishlist? Let me know in the comments!
1. Soapwalla Kitchen Deodorant Cream $14
2. RGB Nailpolish in Oxblood $18
3. Alima Pure Bronzer in Maracaibo $20
4. Chocolate Sun Cocoa Glow Sunless Tanning Cream $40
5. Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eyeliner in Truffle $20
6. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer $38
7. Kahina 100% Organic Argan Oil $36
8. ILIA Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Blossom Lady $26