As soon as I saw the Diane von Furstenberg runway show I knew I would be re-creating the look inspired by the confident woman she expressed through her collection. Since I am focusing on using natural products, I am breaking down how you can achieve this elegant yet effortless look using the best in green beauty.
The hair and makeup was chic but messy and undone, just the way I like it. Perfect to wear for for an event or night out. The extraordinary artist, Pat McGrath worked her magic creating a smokey eye with layered black and brown pencil and cream eyeshadow. The hairstylist, Orlando Pita called the style the “seductress knot”. It was pulled back at the nape of the neck, not too high, not too low in a ponytail and then pinned into an effortless bun with a few strands pulled out.
Years ago, DVF was my first internship and jump-started my career into the fashion world at age 16. She was a huge inspiration to me at the time and still is. I will never forget the energy of the room when she was around and her friendly and warm nature. She introduced me to the idea of what it meant to truly empower and support women. DVF is a force and I feel extremely lucky to have been able to have that experience.
I hope this tutorial shows you that by using natural products you can achieve any look you want, expressing yourself with products that will benefit your skin instead of expose it to chemicals. It is ok to start slow, finding the companies that you love is a journey and there is no rush. Even if you just switch out your shampoo or lipstick, you will be doing your body a favor and I can guarantee you will be amazed at the results.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Wash hair using Rahua Shampoo & Conditioner.
2. Apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner and brush out the knots.
3. Blow dry (or skip this step if you hair is 1-2 days post wash).
4. Apply a small amount of Rahua Hair Wax to increase manageability.
5. Use a wide tooth comb to brush back without a part and secure a ponytail with an elastic tie.
6. Twist ponytail and pin loosely into a knot, letting a few strands come out for a sexy effect.
1. Tela Beauty Organics Boar Bristle Hairbrush
2. Rahua Shampoo
3. Rahua Conditioner
4. Feed Your Ends Leave-In Conditioner
5. Elastic Hair Ties
6. Wide Tooth Sandal Wood Comb
7. Rahua Hair Wax
1. Prep skin with your normal routine (cleaner, moisturizer, foundation, etc.)
2. Use Vapour Organic Beauty bronzer to give your skin a subtle glow.
2. Eyes: apply multiple layers of the black and brown eyeliner along the top and bottom of the eye. Use a q-tip to smudge and give a more smokey look.
3. Use the Karama eye polish on the top lid for a more dramatic effect.
4. Apply the Kjaer Weis highligher on the cheeks and above the lip (here is a helpful article explaining where to apply).
5. Finish with a few coats of Kjaer Weis mascara.
1. Kjaer Weis Highlighter
2. Vapour Organic Beauty Bronzer
3. RMS Beauty Eye Polish in Karma
4. W3ll People Hypnotist Eyeliner in Black
5. Vapour Organic Beauty Mesmerize Eyeliner in Truffle
6. Kjaer Weis Mascara